Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™
Canine Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution
Just like the human epidemic, almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can impact the pet's quality of life and relationship with family because that extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your dog.
Nutritionists and veterinarians at Hill's developed this next generation formula with powerful antioxidants to support vitality and holistic health. Metabolic was formulated with the pet owner in mind, offering a complete portfolio of dry food, canned food, and treats. These products work together to ensure safe and healthy weight loss and easy weight maintenance without making big changes or depriving your pet. Because the formula works with each pet's unique metabolism, it also reduces the need to precisely measure the food to safely achieve weight loss success. In real-world testing with pet owners and their pets at home, 88% of pets lost weight over two months,
- 88% of dogs and cats lost weight at home
- Formulated with powerful antioxidants to support vitality and holistic health.
- Clinically proven to avoid weight regain following a weight loss program
- A Complete portfolio of dry food, canned food, and treats designed to work together to ensure safe and healthy weight loss and easy weight maintenance
- Great taste and highly palatable backed by a 100% refund guarantee
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ Canine Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution provides all the nutrition your dog needs during weight loss and maintenance. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™, Science Diet™, and Ideal Balance™ foods can help your dog maintain happiness and healthy weight for life.
Daily Feeding Guide
Important Feeding Information
- Feeding your pet the right amount of Metabolic every day will help them achieve and maintain a healthy weight for life.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Determine the amount to feed based on IDEAL WEIGHT as provided by your veterinarian. Your dog may need more or less food to maintain his proper weight. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Mix increasing amounts of your dog's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- Hill's Prescription Diet formulas are available in a wide variety of dry foods and treats for your dog's unique needs and canned foods with delicious flavors your dog will love. When using with canned food and treats, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding. Supplementation with other foods or treats is unnecessary and may decrease the effectiveness of the food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- For best results, have your veterinarian monitor your dog's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
Weight of Dog
|Weight Loss||Weight Control|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||1/2 cup (40 g)||3/4 cup (60 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||7/8 cup (70 g)||1 1/3 cups (110 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||1 1/8 cups (90 g)||1 7/8 cups (155 g)|
|20 lb (9,1 kg)||1 1/3 cups (110 g)||2 1/4 cups (185 g)|
|30 lb (14 kg)||2 cups (165 g)||3 cups (245 g)|
|40 lb (18 kg)||2 1/3 cups (190 g)||3 3/4 cups (310 g)|
|50 lb (23 kg)||2 3/4 cups (225 g)||4 1/2 cups (370 g)|
|60 lb (27 kg)||3 1/4 cups (265 g)||5 1/4 cups (430 g)|
|70 lb (32 kg)||3 2/3 cups (300 g)||5 3/4 cups (470 g)|
|80 lb (36 kg)||4 cups (330 g)||6 1/3 cups (520 g)|
|100 lb (45 kg)||4 2/3 cups (385 g)||7 1/2 cups (615 g)|
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Prescription Diet® Canine Metabolic Advanced Weight Solution provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult dogs.
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 3164 kcal/kg
|Vitamin C||360 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||859 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Pea Bran Meal, Soybean Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Dried Tomato Pomace, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Coconut Oil, Pork Fat, Lactic Acid, Powdered Cellulose, Pork Liver Flavor, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, Dried Carrots, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Lipoic Acid, Choline Chloride, minerals (Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene, Phosphoric Acid, Natural Flavors.