Thank you for visiting
To log out and end your session, click "OK"
Refine Your Search
for closer look
Hill's™ Science Diet™ Adult Light cat food provides precisely balanced nutrition to help achieve ideal weight. It has fewer calories than the Hill's™ Science Diet™ Adult Optimal Care™ Original formula and contains L-carnitine to help your cat turn fat into energy. It also has a high fiber content to keep her satisfied between meals. All this, and great taste too!
Adult cats (1 -- 6 years of age) that require fewer calories (i.e., cats that are less active, neutered or otherwise prone to excess weight gain).
Not Recommended For:
- Kittens, adult cats not prone to gaining excess weight.
- Pregnant or nursing cats. During pregnancy or nursing, cats should be switched to Science Diet™ Kitten Healthy Development Original, or Science Diet™ Ideal Balance™ Kitten.
|Benefit||Nutrient||How It Works|
|Healthy immune function||Vitamin C + E||Ideal levels of clinically proven antioxidants for a healthy immune system.|
|Lean muscle and ideal body weight||L-Carnitine||Converts fat into energy and helps maintain lean muscle mass.|
|Helps maintain healthy weight||Reduced calories*||Appropriate energy levels for a healthy weight.|
|Helps control hunger between meals||High fiber||Natural fiber helps provide satiety between meals.|
|Great taste||High quality ingredients||Precise blend of high quality ingredients for a taste your cat is guaranteed to love.|
- Hill's™ Science Diet™ cat foods are made with high quality ingredients that provide an ideal combination of nutrients for better overall health. Our 150 veterinarians, PhD nutritionists and scientists ensure that over 50 nutrients in Hill's™ Science Diet™ cat foods work together and fall precisely within appropriate ranges, avoiding nutrient excesses and deficiencies that can impact your cat's long term health.
- 100% Guarantee -- your cat will love the taste or you can return the unused portion for a full refund.
Other Products to ConsiderScience Diet™ is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs. Wet foods are also available in minced cans, with many delicious flavors your cat will love.
Daily Feeding Guide
- This product is intended for weight maintenance. Should you choose to feed for weight loss, consult your veterinarian.
- These amounts are a starting point only. Your pet may need less or more food to maintain proper weight or for appropriate weight loss. Adjust as needed. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
- Feeding this food for the first time? Mix increasing amounts of your pet's new food with decreasing amounts of the old food over a 7-day period.
- If switching from a canned food, make sure the cat drinks an adequate quantity of water to avoid constipation.
- Keep fresh water available at all times!
- When supplementing with canned food, decrease the amount of dry food to avoid overfeeding.
- We recommend that you take your pet to the veterinarian at least twice a year for regular health check-ups.
- Science Diet is available in a wide variety of dry foods for your cat's unique needs. Canned cat food is also available from Science Diet in a variety of delicious textures and flavors that your cat will love.
- To prevent suffocation, keep this plastic bag out of the reach of pets and children.
|Weight of Cat||Obese prone||Weight loss|
|4 lb (1,8 kg)||1/3 cup (35 g)||1/4 cup (25 g)|
|5 lb (2,3 kg)||3/8 cup (35 g)||1/3 cup (35 g)|
|8 lb (3,6 kg)||5/8 cup (60 g)||1/2 cup (50 g)|
|10 lb (4,5 kg)||2/3 cup (65 g)||1/2 cup (50 g)|
|12 lb (5,4 kg)||3/4 cup (75 g)||5/8 cup (60 g)|
|15 lb (6,8 kg)||7/8 cup (85 g)||3/4 cup (75 g)|
Average Nutrient And Caloric Contents
Dry 3225 kcal/kg (318 kcal/per cup²)
|Vitamin C||127 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||616 IU/kg|
References1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Corn, Oat Fiber, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Mill Run, Animal Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Powdered Cellulose , Lactic Acid, Dried Beet Pulp, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulfate, Soybean Oil, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Iodized Salt, Vitamin E Supplement, vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Fish Oil, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.