How It Works:
- Limited iodine
- Controlled phosphorus and low sodium
- High in taurine, L-carnitine & omega-3 fatty acids
- Promotes desirable urine pH
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How It Helps:
- Decreases T4 hormone production
- Supports kidney, heart & urinary health
- Visible improvement in skin & coat
- Helps support a healthy body condition
- Supports a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELDTM: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet® foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
*Urine pH of individual cats may vary due to complicating factors such as time of feeding before urine collection, type of urine collection, individual animal variation, and test methodology.
How to adjust feeding amounts to maintain optimal weight.
Because iodine intake from other food sources -- treats, another cats food, etc. -- can compromise the effectiveness of low-iodine nutrition, its critical that you follow your veterinarians feeding instructions carefully and feed only y/d.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results & safety practices:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry food & canned food.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
Adult maintenance - using 5.5 oz (156 g) can
Weight of Cat - lb (kg) Amount per Day 6 lb (2,7 kg) 1 Can 8 lb (3,6 kg) 1 1/4 Cans 10 lb (4,5 kg) 1 1/3 Cans 12 lb (5,4 kg) 1 1/2 Cans 14 lb (6,4 kg) 1 3/4 Cans 16 lb (7,3 kg) 2 Cans 18 lb (8,2 kg) 2 Cans
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Hill's® Prescription Diet® y/d® Feline provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of adult cats
High quality protein and thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Water, Pork Liver, Pork By-Products, Chicken, Corn Flour, Rice, Chicken Fat, Chicken Liver Flavor, Powdered Cellulose, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil, Natural Flavor, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin), Guar Gum, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Salt, Cysteine, Dicalcium Phosphate, L-Carnitine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate), Beta-Carotene.
Balanced nutrition that exceeds AAFCO nutrition standards.
193 kcal / 5.5 oz (156 g)
Nutrient Dry Matter1
Protein 33.7 Fat 26.4 Crude Fiber 3.0 Carbohydrate / NFE 31.3 Calcium 0.84 Sodium 0.27 Potassium 0.86 Magnesium 0.058 Taurine 0.26 Vitamin C 176 ppm Vitamin E 789 IU/kg Total Omega-3 FA 0.67 Total Omega-6 FA 4.96
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.